The Baxter Theatre Centre seeks to appoint eight (8) Bartenders/Barristers on an ad-hoc basis for appointment commencing 25 October 2021. The successful candidates will assist with barista duties and provide excellent customer service to the Baxter’s patrons.
• A matric certificate or an equivalent qualification (NQF4 level).
• A friendly disposition coupled with sound interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and
• Fluency in English and at least one other official language.
• The ability to work well under pressure, both as part of a team and independently.
• Alertness and the ability to think quickly in an emergency.
• A strong sense of customer service.
• Electronic Point of Sale experience.
• A year’s work experience preferably in either the hospitality or the retail industry would be an
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To deliver friendly, efficient customer service to patrons and staff at the Baxter Theatre Centre at
• Controlling and accounting for stock.
• To serve beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, quickly and efficiently.
• Processing orders and sales on the electronic point of sale system.
• Assisting, maintaining and cleaning the bar equipment and service areas.
• Adhering at all times to the Liquor Act of the Western Cape.
• Reconciling day-end sales and cash transactions.
• Adhering to the standard code of conduct of the Baxter Theatre Bar.
The rate of pay per hour is R44,82.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Mr Hubert Rumble at
email@example.com and Alexander Petersen firstname.lastname@example.org
UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
Cover letter, and
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 685 7880 / 021 680 3986
Reference number: E21105
Closing date: 10 October 2021
UCT is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in
achieving its equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its
Employment Equity goals and targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented
Our Employment Equity Policy is available at
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.
Mulalo Rakhadani does CV Revamping & Application/Cover letter drafting…
Have you been applying for jobs with no luck ?
Does your CV need attention ?
WHATSAPP this number: 066 509 0638 and I will help you immediately.
Goodluck with job hunting!!!