The National Research Foundation (NRF) invites suitable applicants for scholarship program applicants for 2021.
Location: South Africa
Closing date: April 30, 2021
The scholarship aims to support PhD candidates to pursue their studies in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Humanities and Social Sciences, including Priority Research Areas at participating universities. The scholarships will give 80% support to students in the disciplines of STEM and the other 20% to Humanities and Social Sciences. Preference will be given to applicants planning to obtain a PhD degree in a vulnerable discipline such as Mathematics, Nursing or Statistics, in emerging research areas, or where there is a shortage of research infrastructure or suitably qualified supervisors in the country.
Must be citizens of South Africa (priority) or permanent residents with a South African identification number
You must be 32 years old or younger on December 31 of the year you apply for the scholarship.
You must intend to pursue full-time doctoral studies in the academic year 2021
Must be a resident of South Africa at the time of funding approval
Must meet academic requirement for doctoral studies (at least 65% at master’s level)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit their applications on the NRF online system at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za/.
Address: NRF Building, South Gate, CSIR Complex, Meiring Naudé Road, Brummeria, Pretoria
Tel: +27 (0) 12 481 4000