Minimum grade 12
Preferably tertiary qualification in Logistics Management or similar qualifications
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
• Highly trained communicator with the ability to form and maintain good internal and external relationships.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influence skills.
• Proven analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
• Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects to completion and manage competing priorities
• Project management skills
• Business and financial acumen with a complete understanding of the impact of failure in terms of business costs and customer satisfaction.
• Excellent attention to detail skills
Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations in contact with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transport companies and customers.
• Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes to improve operational and financial performance.
• Provide solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budget requirements.
• Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times and transportation costs.
• Recommend optimal modes of transportation, routes, or frequency
• Select carriers / providers and monitor service against performance criteria
• Ensure that the carrier complies with company policies or procedures for the transit or delivery of products.
• Solve problems related to transportation, logistics systems or customer problems.
• Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities
• Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements with the help of direct reports.
• Identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records are in agreement
• Identify savings by eliminating waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process
• Interpret trends and analyze and review data.
• Provide meaningful logistics data to other members of the organization to assist customer service and improve costs.
• Ensure that the IT systems implemented are effective, maintained and accurate
• Make sure process documentation, reports, and metrics are available.
Send CV to email@example.com